Summer Blueberry Smoothie
1 large banana
1 cup of blueberries
1/4 cup of Soy Milk
2 cups of Vanilla yogurt (lactose free if required)
2 cups of ice
- Use lactose-free plain yogurt and for vanilla flavored yogurt add 2 drops of vanilla essence.
- Use any low FODMAP milk. Each alternative will bring a new flavor to the smoothie
- If desire to add fatty acids, omega 3 or omega 6, you could add 1 tsp of flaxseed oil.
- If you need extra fibre, you could add 1 tsp of oat bran.
- Add 1-2 tsp of maple or rice-malt syrup (or honey when reintroducing foods) for extra sweetness.
- If you are reintroducing foods into your diet, try adding a higher FODMAP containing fruit into the mix – start with a small amount: 30g of mango or 30g of watermelon and add it with banana or strawberries or both.
- The addition of fruit helps add fibre to your diet, essential for good bowel health, and contain vitamins and antioxidants which is always a plus.