Easter Cookies Recipe Posted on 31 Mar 21:49 , 0 comments
DON'T BE ENVIOUS OF YOUR CHILD’S EASTER BASKET, YOU CAN ENJOY AND PREPAR GUT FRIENDLY EASTER TREATS!
Easter is around the corner and with the holiday's delicious treats! Don't be envious of your child’s Easter basket, you can enjoy a holiday treat or two! Chocolate is low FOD-MAP and dark chocolate can be your best friend in the holidays!
Find a delicious low FODMAP vanilla cookies recipe to dip in chocolate! Enjoy making these with kids over the Easter holidays.
- 200 gr. of butter (or olive oil spread)
- 150 gr. of sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 400 g all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp milk (Almond Milk or milk you prefer/tolerate)
- Optional: 1 tbsp lemon zest*
- 200 gr. dark chocolate
- 6 tsp white sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Grease and line two cookie trays with baking paper.
- Measure out the butter (or olive oil) and soften slightly. Place the butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat until it is light and fluffy.
- Separate the egg whites and egg yolks. Add the egg yolks and vanilla essence to the sugar mixture and mix well..
- Sieve the flour into the sugar mixture and add the lemon zest (optional).
- Add two tablespoons of milk to the mixture.
- Mix with a wooden spoon and then use your hands to bring the mixture together to form a soft dough. If the dough is too dry you can add a tiny bit more milk.
- Knead the cookie dough mixture lightly on a floured work surface. Roll out to a thickness of 5mm (¼ inch). Cut into an assortment of bunny or animal shapes.
- Place the cookie shapes on the prepared baking trays and bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, until they look pale golden-brown. Remove from the oven, allow to rest for two minutes and then transfer on to wire racks to cool.
Chocolate & Spring Cover Instructions
- Once the cookies have cooled you can either sprinkle them with sugar and eat them or you can dip them in chocolate (I love dipping them!).
- Using a double broiler melt together the dark chocolate and white sugar. Then dip the bottom half of each cookie (I used a knife to scoop the chocolate onto each cookie) and sprinkle with hundreds and thousands.
- Place them on a sheet of baking paper to set.
Let us know in the comments below if you tried this recipe or want to share another FODMAP recipe with your fellow Visbiome community!
Click here to order Visbiome.